Explosion Proof Motors
Reliable Motors, Built to Last
WEG Commercial Motors builds the most dependable explosion proof motors available in the market today. Specializing in hazardous duty fractional motors for nearly 70 years, WEG Commercial Motors has a long history of constructing motors that are reliable in the most challenging environments.
Custom Designed for Any Application
WEG Commercial Motors offers explosion proof motors in single and three phase designs in 36, 48, & 56 frame. WEG Commercial Motors has HP and RPM ranges to fit most applications. Motors can be customized for specific applications to ensure performance in your particular operating environment.
Delivered On Time, Every Time
We understand the importance of consistent supply to our customers, particularly motors that are vital components in systems which operate in hazardous environments. We invest heavily in our facility to ensure an over 99% on time performance record. Meeting your delivery schedule is simply what we do.
General Purpose Explosion Proof
• Approved Operating Environments
– Class I Group C: Ether, ethylene, and other similar gases
– Class I Group D: Gasoline, propane, ammonia, and other similar gases
– Class II Group E: Metal dusts, including magnesium and others
– Class II Group F: Coal dust, along with coke dust and carbon black
– Class II Group G: Grain dust
– Single or three phase
– 3/4 HP – 3 HP
– 3450 RPM, 1725 RPM or 1140 RPM
– Rigid base and/or NEMA C-face mountings, with keyed or threaded shaft
– Available in 36, 48, and 56 frame designs
– Ball bearings, automatic reset thermal protection, connector
leads or cord available
– Conduit box kit for hazardous locations
Gasoline Dispensing Pump Explosion Proof
• Approved Operating Environment
– Class I Group D: Gasoline vapor environment
– 115/208 – 230 Volts, 60/50 Hertz, with Voltage change switch
– 56 frame, 3.5″ shaft height (up to 3.81″ high 61 frame mounting)
– On-off line switch with rotating actuator
– 48″ leads out with a 180° swivel conduit connector on shaft end
– Ball bearings, automatic reset thermal protection, and reversible rotation
Don’t see your application listed? No problem. We are confident we can produce a motor designed to your specifications. We can also test motors on your equipment in our engineering laboratories. Call us, and we’ll help you “turn” your next project reliably and profitably!
For special voltage, shafts or other design features,
‣ Contact your WEG Commercial Motors Account Manager